Tuesday, August 7, 2007

NI Week - Tuesday

Quick Note: Last night I went to 6th street after the NI Festivities and the music was very good, even for a Monday night.

Today, the had very good coffee, fuel of the Geeks and Nerds, and breakfast burritos.

My take on NI Week:
Keynote speakers were very good. They generated excitement about NI's latest product releases as well as upgrades to their own standards, like LabVIEW. The VP of development was very personable. He kept things flowing very well with sever quick hit demo’s and kept it form getting boring with jokes and planned “impromptu” demonstrations and “show us more demo’s. It made me think about possibly doing development in LabVIEW...then I had some coffee and that passed.

I did get to talk to some LabVIEW developers about my reason's I don't like LabVIEW. I have mild Carpel Tunnel Syndrome and all the mouse work that it requires gives me pain in my arm. My doctor says either use the mouse less or get an operation. I don't want to be cut on so it's less mouse. I can use my left hand for the mouse but I don't have the dexterity to connect the wires to the right terminals.

I did suggest, apparently like many other they have some kind of magnify feature so that my left hand can connect the wires. I also suggested that, once a wire is connected, you could "tab" the wire connection to the correct place. That someone like me, could just connect a wire then "tab" it to the right place. They seemed very receptive, but then again, NI is very good at listening to their customer.

We have a Block party for later in the Expo hall...more free beer.

Have a great day!

No comments: