Saturday, August 4, 2007

NI Week T-2 Days

NI Week is really close. Since it's the weekend I'm not really thinking a lot about the seminar's that will help me for work, the work networking possibilities, or pretty much anything dealing with work. I'm thinking more of the fun aspects of NI Week like the evening activities. I'm not sure what to expect from the evening activities. First, this whole seminar 'nerd'vana for geeks, It's all about technical stuff. But during the events in the evening that are supposed to be fun, there will still be a bunch of geeks...90% guys.

My only experience with seminars is AutoTestCon (Automated Testing Conference) and the evening events from that, while fun with lots of alcohol, were still just a lot of guys just hanging around. I did hear a lot of good geek jokes and they're all funny after a few beers. But how interesting will the NI evening events. NI Week is in Austin Tx and Austin can be fun. I've been to 6th Street many times on the weekends. It's a lot of bars and bands and where the great Guitarist Stevie Ray Vaughn (Originally from Dallas. Tx) was discovered. I've heard a lot of good music on 6th street but I have a feeling there will not be a geek invasion of 6th street.

The first NI Week evening event is on Monday evening, the day before the first main day of NI Week. Here is what the NI website advertises the event as:

"Enjoy food, drinks, and music at the hottest party in the neighborhood! Exchange best practices with fellow developers from a wide range of industries and companies and interact with community leaders in design, control, and test to discuss the latest technical innovations. Also visit more than 130 exhibitor booths to see the newest tools, applications, and solutions using NI products."

I think I may spend Monday night on 6th Street...unless there's free beer at the event.

Have a blogging great day.

No comments: