Sunday, August 19, 2007

NI is Grea...eeh,it's Sunday

It's Sunday and NI is a work product so even though I want to blog about NI, that's to much like work.

So I'm going to blog some about some of my hobbies and how they may relate to NI. Today, after Church, I was playing with my Genetic Algorithms (GA). I was moving it from C++ to Java, partially to to learn Java and partially to get away from MS Visual Studio. I started working on using GA to beat the stock market after my Neural Net work didn't beat gains made in some of Mutual Funds.

I continue to look at Neural Networks because they intrigue me. They have so much potential, but I need to work on it some to beat the stock market. However, I heard that one of the big mutual fund companies was using GA to help with their mutual funds.

I was thinking that the Neural Networks would be good in LabVIEW. Some of the math may be hard but since I saw at NI Week (Which was awesome) it was easier to do math in LabVIEW, it might be doable. The graphics interface would be good for the set up and the connection of neurons. If I ever get LabVIEW at home (which I probably won't due to cost) I may try it. To be honest, the hardest part of Neural Nets is data preparation which may or may not be easy in LabVIEW.

So, I'm relaxing on Sunday playing with GA and thinking about Neural Networks, I have to have my fun sometime. Yes...I am a Nerd.

Have relaxing Sunday.

No comments: