Sunday, August 5, 2007

NI Week T-1 Day

Tomorrow will be the first day of NI Week. It's called Alliance Day. It's the day where NI "Alliance" partners have there own get togethers, seminars, and general NI ra ra. Alliance partners are people/companies who are closely coupled with NI. They use and understand NI Hardware, they use NI Development tools...all of them. They know what all the products are, the best ways to use them, they have Certified NI Developers, the experts basically. I'm not an alliance partner nor do I work for a company that is an alliance partner, so I'm not invited. I am interested in learning more about NI products.

NI's main products like LabVIEW, LabWindows CVI, and TestStand. But the alliance partners know about the new and lesser known products. Things like NI Elvis...NI in a white jump suit with rhinestones! Not exactly, it's NI Educational Laboratory Virtual Instrumentation Suite. (It show's NI has a sense of humor) It's a platform for school test with virtual instruments rather than real instruments. It can also be used for rapid prototype, to see how things look before you go into full development.

Another, not-as-well-known product NI Lookout. While it doesn't have as cool of an acronym as NI Elvis, it can be useful. It's for industrial control of SCADA (Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition systems. I'm not a SCADA person but my brother is. I didn't know about NI Lookout until very recently so I couldn't give him any information on it. I don't know if it would fit his application since, when he talks about SCADA I go into meeting mode (My eyes glaze over, I zone out, I have just enough attention going to here if someone says my name). It's just not one of things I'm interested in.

Well, have a blogging great day. My next blog will be after the first event of NI Week...I can't wait.

No comments: