Wednesday, August 6, 2008

NIWeek - Day 2



Another day of Fun and Frolic at NIWeek. I'm getting a lot of good information again today, but it's not as good as yesterday because there's no CVI sessions. Somehow I'll survive no CVI today...I think.

The keynote started the morning off really well. My favorite news was that NI allows different OSs to run on separate cores. That means you can have RT running on one core and Windows running a User Interface on the other core.

After that it's all a blur of LabVIEW, FPGA, DAQmx, and some TestStand thrown in. There are a lot of really nice features in LabVIEW FPGA that make it really flexible and usable. I learned some about DAQmx data streaming and I got to hear the TestStand roadmap for the next couple of years.

I really beleive NI is doing a really good job of developing new and innovative products. But I think what NI does best is listening to their customers. They do VERY well at asking what the customer wants and showing the customer what is coming up and asking "Is this something you would use". Of course, half the time, we customers don't know what we would use until we actually get to use it.

"The futures so bright I've got to wear shades" to re-use lyrics from a song. NI should be wearing shades!

No comments: