Thursday, August 7, 2008

NI Week - Day 3

NIWeek 2009

First, the NI Week block party was great fun last night. The band was great, the food was great, and everyone there had fun. Whomever didn't go, missed out! A lot of the people wound up on 6th street after that. It was a great night!

It's the last day of NIWeek and I'm sad that it's over. I went to the last of the seminars, I always enjoy learning more. I will admit that my mind is getting tired. Or maybe it's from only getting about 5 hours sleep.

Today, I learned some about TestStand, more about FPGAs, and about DAQmx synchronization. I feel good about everything I learned, especially the FPGAs and DAQ information.

The new NI PXIe5673 is a very cool device since you can use it to generate a test GPS signal. We won't need the Spirent thing to generate a GPS tests anymore.

All in all, it was a great week. It was good to see the NI people that I know, especially Wendy and Santiago. It was good to see Luis was still working hard on CVI, keeping it better than LabVIEW.

But now it's good to be home, see the kids, and I look forward to sleeping in my own bed.

I can't wait until NI Week 2009. I'm planning on going even if it's just on an Expo Pass for a day. Remember, it's only 362 days away!

No comments: