Wednesday, August 5, 2009

NI Week is here!

It's finally the NI Week time of year and I am excited! I drove down early this morning. I found I couldn't sleep in spite of my need to get up early and be awake for the 3 hour drive down.

I've come on an Expo pass this year so my learning opportunities will be more limited than previous years but that doesn't dampen my desires to learn, network, and generally be nerdy...one of my favorite pastimes.

I am waiting for the Keynotes to start and thinking...WHO came up with the easy-listening, AC/DC re-mix of T.N.T. along with all the other sad remixes of good music. Basically, this my first disappoint in NI-Week in the last 3 years. I have a feeling I will get over it as the day goes on.

The NI Demonstrations were good but I really enjoyed Jeff K. future state of NI speech. I'm impressed evey year by his talks.

The Expo floor, of course, is very informational, lots of good information and potential uses. The unfortunate thing is, most of the information I gather will either be to new and different to be useful or will fall on deaf ears.

I am going to document what I find out and pass it on.

Again, this year, there is only one CVI demo and they won't let it run because it's to dangerous. It's a desructive test of a CD. Basically the CD crumbles. I guess CVI programmers are braver than LabVIEW programmers. I'm proposing a CVI controlled icamera and potato gun to take out the LabVIEW demo's...I don't think they'll go for it.

1 comment:

control valves said...

I am pretty much excited as well, too!