Monday, July 30, 2007

Road to NI Week T-7 days

NI Week is coming up. NI Week is National Instruments week long showcase of products and learning opportunities. This will be my first time to go to NI Week and I'm hoping I'll come back inspired. In 2003 I went to AutoTestCon (Automated Testing Conference) and I came back inspired to write a paper. I wound up writing a paper on Simultaneously, multiple UUT testing and I got to go to the 2004 AutoTestCon to present it.

There are several things I want to learn and it sounds like this is the place to learn. Almost all the NI employees will be there to answer questions and they have a lot of seminars on NI products. One thing I want to learn about is NI Requirements Gateway. It's a product to help trace requirements from requirements documents to TestStand to code. The group I'm in at Lockheed doesn't do requirements as well as we should and so I want to find out what we can do to do them better. Also, I want to learn about LabVIEW. I've had training in LabVIEW, I written some LabVIEW, and I've tried to like it, or at least not dis-like it. So far I've failed. I'm going to try to learn to like it...and not come away with Carpel Tunnel Syndrome. (But that's another blog)

One of the things I really want to learn about is Lego Mindstorms NXT. Lego and NI went into a joint venture to come up with an easy way to program Mindstorms NXT. They came with a LabVIEW derivative graphical language that works a lot like LabVIEW.

NI Week should be really great and I'm excited. I'll write more about it tomorrow.

No comments: