Thursday, July 26, 2007

Introduction and National Instruments

This blog will be about various testing issues using the National Instruments products, at least the ones I use. These are mainly LabWindows CVI, TestStand, and LabVIEW. I decided to write this blog simply because I use National Instruments products, I'm always interested in making them better, and I wanted to learn more about blogging. I have to start somewhere, so here I am.

This will be a positive blog, I like National Instruments, and I like their products. However, like every other product, there are good points and not so good points. Overall, there's a lot more good than bad.

NI's website at this link NI. It has an incredible amount of information about NI, it's products, and about automated testing. However, while NI's focus is automated testing and everything around testing, their products can be used for many, many other applications.

Coming up soon is NI Week, which National Instruments showcase of it's products and how various companies use their products. I'll be attending this year for my first time. I'm told it's very informative. I'm starting to gather questions/issues/information needs that can be answered there. All the NI Experts will be there so it should be a good forum to gather information.

NI headquarters is located in Austin Texas, which is where NI Week will be held. This should be interesting, the University of Texas and the Capitol of Texas is in the area. If nothing else, I should be able to get in some good sightseeing.

Well, like I said at the beginning, I'm just learning about blogging, so I'll stop here. I'm always interested in improving so suggestions are welcome. I haven't learned to put pictures in the blog yet, so it may be more spiced up tomorrow.

Thanks for your patience with this noob Blogger.

No comments: