Thursday, April 9, 2009

Headed for the FIRST Championships!

Team 704, the SGP Robotics club, is headed from Atlanta GA for the FIRST Robotics Championships! This will be SGP's first trip to the big game!



We have the airplane tickets, another team will be taking some of our equipment to Atlanta in their trailer, and the excitement is mounting. I'm very excited! I contacted the Lockheed Martin internal newsletter about doing a story on the FIRST Championship. It's an event where there are potentially hundreds of future employees!

I was so excited I pulled out my NXT robot and started playing with it. I've also updated my personal web page with the robotics stuff from Dallas and Lone Star tournaments.

2 comments:

Deirdre Walsh said...

Congrats, Joe!!! I went to the championship last year and it was amazing! I'll be routing the SGP Robotics Club on from Austin.

JAV said...

Hi Deirdre, Sorry I didn't get back sooner, we were getting ready for the Championships. I appreciate your routing us on. We did OK. I did get to meet a lot of NI people including Dr T.