Tuesday, May 20, 2008

NI Week - I'll get there some how!

It's all but official, I'm Not going to NI Week through my company this year. Due to training budgets shrinking and a "one person can train everyone else" philosophy, the company is thinking of only sending one person down to collect information and then let him pass it on to the rest of us. [sarcastic voice] I know how well that always works. [/sarcastic voice]

The reality of it is that I AM going to go on my own, if nothing else on the "Exhibition Only" pass. I live in the Dallas Tx area which is about 3 hours (2 1/2 hours the way I drive) away. I'm planning on leaving one morning, early, with a gallon of coffee in hand, making it there for the opening address that day, seeing the exhibits, then coming back that evening. Simple...right!

I may get a cheap motel and stay one night but I have a while to figure that out.

The bottom line is I'm will be at NI Week, one way or another. This is something I'm passionate about! Even if just for one day. It is an experience that everyone should have. I was fortunate enough to go last year and I'm thankful for that. If I can find the money, I'm going to register for some of the other options, you know, things like food or the sessions for one day. However, as a single Dad with a Son in college and a Daughter about to go to college (UT Austin, near NI), I can't justify much more than the gas for the trip on my own right now.

I would like to blog some more on NI, since I've been pulled off to write processes I haven't had a lot of testing to write about. (In 2009, I'm going to make sure that's not the case!)

I will blog about my road-trip and my experiance at NI Week.

Here's the link to register for NI Week, sign up early. June 1st is the deadline for the Early Bird Special.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So this is what you spend your free time on instead of helping me. Ha!

I'll go to NI Week with you if I can figure out how to get out of the house. The voices in my head just won't let me go.